“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has.”
Building a world class team requires hiring and retaining Very Talented People (VTP’s). I recently gave a presentation that talked about finding, recruiting and retaining these elite performers on your team.
Hiring and retaining VTP’s requires different approaches:
- Slow to hire, quick to fire
- The magic of small wins
- Have fun and celebrate your victories
- Manage results, not activities
- Inspire people towards a greater cause
- Boldly recognize extraordinary contributions
Very talented people have unique needs – if you are prepared to meet those needs, you will create a team that can transform your organization and industry.